How to Invest te Cryptocurrency
Blockchain technology has bot heating up te the past several months, thanks te large part to the surge te Bitcoin’s price since early May. The cryptocurrency skyrocketed from less than $1,000 ter March to an all-time high of $Four,440 on August 14.
Given this meteoric rise, it’s no verrassing that investors are clamoring to figure out how to pauze into the Bitcoin marketplace. But there are many other cryptocurrencies (such spil Ethereum) and blockchain companies on the stock exchange where investors can funnel their money.
However, investing te a cryptocurrency is different than investing ter a regular stock. When you invest ter a company, you’re buying shares of that company and essentially own an utterly petite percentage of it. When you invest ter Bitcoin or Ethereum, you receive digital tokens that serve different purposes. With Bitcoin, you get decentralized currency that also happens to be partially anonymous. With Ethereum, you get a lump of the power that runs decentralized apps and brainy contracts.
Trading cryptocurrencies occurs on dedicated exchanges.В Larger exchanges likeВ GDAX, Openleggen, Bitfinex, and Gemini В typicallyВ suggest solid volume to trade cryptocurrencies through handelsbank transfers or credit cards.В Coinbase is also an option that is growing te popularity thanks to its ease of use and a built-in wallet. But the trade off here is comparatively higher fees.
Poloniex is another exchange that offers more than 80 cryptocurrencies for trading, but the catch is you can only use Bitcoins or other cryptocurrencies to fund thesis trades.
Top Cryptocurrencies to Invest Ter
There are several paths one can take when determining te which cryptocurrencies to invest, but a handful of thesis have risen to the top spil the most popular options for investment:В
- Bitcoin:В There’s a reason you’ve heard the name BitcoinВ all overheen the financial news space. The price of the cryptocurrency has enlargened almost 8x ter the last year spil of the time of this writing. Moreover, the original vormgeving of Bitcoin ensured that there would never be more than 21 million ter existence (and math indicates wij’ll never actually reach that number). This means Bitcoin is not subject to inflation.
- Ethereum:В Arguably the second-most well-known cryptocurrency, the price of Ethereum has exploded more than 3000% ter the last year. Even with that growth, the price remains at less than 1/10th of Bitcoin, so it could be a better value play for investors who don’t have the resources toВ
- Litecoin:В Litecoin has risen more than 2000% ter the last year. The peer-to-peer digital currency acts te a complementary way to Bitcoin, and its comparatively low price makes it a solidВ entry point for fresh crypto investors.
- Monero:В Think of Monero spil a 2nd level of privacy and anonymity beyond what something like Bitcoin offers. The price exploded te 2016, and the market cap swelled from $Five million to $185 million thanks ter large part to the cryptocurrency’s adoption by the major darknet market AlphaBay. Law enforcement shut down AlphaBay te July 2018.
- Bitcoin Metselspecie:В Ter August 2018, the Bitcoin blockchain spun off a more nimble iteration called Bitcoin Metselspecie. It’s essentially identical to Bitcoin, but with the significant distinction that it has more block size capacity. The price of the cryptocurrency has already doubled from $300 to more than $600 spil of this writing. And if you wielded Bitcoin before the split, then you received an equal amount of Bitcoin Specie. There are approximately 16.Five million units of each ter existence, which makes Bitcoin Specie the third-most valuable cryptocurrency te the world with a market cap of more than $Ten billion.
- Ripple:В Ripple is a protocol that permits near instantaneous transaction settlements and reduces transaction fees to mere cents. Some VCs and even several majorВ banks (such spil Handelsbank of America, UBS, and BBVA) have implemented Ripple into their systems. The key difference from Bitcoin, however, is that it is centralized and pre-mined.
- ZCash:В ZCash operates ter a manner similar to Monero. The price of the cryptocurrency surged te June 2018 to almost $400, but has since leveled off to the sub-$300 range.
How to Invest te Blockchain Technology
Blockchain technology powers Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, but there are many ways to invest ter blockchain tech without pouring your money into thesis digital currencies. The very first is to look into blockchain startups (wij’ll detail more te the next section).
The 2nd option is crowdfunding platforms, spil blockchain startups te their infancy will often look into crowdfunding to get off the ground. A verhoging called BnkToTheFuture permits investors to place their money into several Bitcoin and blockchain startups.
Another possibility is to invest ter the initial coin offerings, or ICOs, of fresh blockchain projects. Blockchain companies punt cryptocurrencies or other tokens through ICOs te order to raise capital. There is a bit more risk te this route, spil this fresh form of crowdfunding is still rather unregulated, but the comes back reported thus far have bot stellar.
Top Blockchain Stocks &, Companies to Invest Ter
The following sixВ blockchain stocks and companies have become popular investment choices:
- BTCS:В With a market cap of more than $7 million and shares trading around 14 cents spil of this writing, BTCS is a solid entry point for blockchain investors. It’s the very first blockchain-centric public company te the U.S. and wasgoed one of the very first entrants into the digital currency space.
- Global Strijdperk Holding:В Global Strijdperk Holding acquires patents related to blockchain tech, but it’s also working on applying that tech to ATMs. If successful, this could have major implications for the everyday consumer.
- DigitalX:В DigitalX developed a mobile product called AirPocket that assists with secure cross-border payments from more than 30,000 locations te 14 countries, primarily ter North and South America.
- BTL Group:В The Vancouver-based company offers blockchain solutions across several spaces, including banking and fantasy sports.
- Coinsilium Group:В This London-based company invests te other blockchain startups and helps develop them. It wasgoed also the very first recognized IPO for a blockchain tech company.
- Very first Bitcoin Capital:В This company concentrates on acquiring Bitcoin startups and funding them to develop both hardware and software for the cryptocurrency.
More to Learn
The financialВ potential of blockchain could be tremendous, and that’s just one component of the space.В That’s why Bisexual Intelligence has waterput together two detailed reportsВ on the blockchain: The Blockchain te the IoT ReportВ and The Blockchain ter Banking Report.
To get thesis reports, plusВ instant access to more than 250 other expertly researched reports,В subscribe to anВ All-AccessВ pass to Bisexual Intelligence. Spil an added toeslag, you’ll also build up access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensureВ you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >,>, В Learn MoreВ Now
You can also purchase and download the total reports from our В research store:В